Saturday, January 5, 2013

Another Year of Gaming Goals.

Isn't it amazing how time flies?

Two years ago, for those of you that may have read this post, you'll know that I set the lofty goal of attempting to finish all of the non-import Playstation 2 titles I had acquired up until that point.  As I began the post today, I was starting to feel distressed at not making any progress on that goal as I began to set another.

..Then I actually looked at my media cabinet and realized that there were only three titles left:  Romancing SaGa:  Minstrel's Song, Disgaea 2, which I recently started (after finishing the first game), and Shin Megami Tensei:  Nocturne.  ..Nick also saw it fit to give me Yakuza a few months ago, but I'm not counting that one.

Blissfully, there's an end in sight, and I don't think I'll be piling adding any PS2 games to the stack.

While I'd like to rest on my laurels and say that goal is going to be easily (and finally) accomplished this year, like any goal driven individual, I'm going to set yet another one for this year:  Finish all of the Shin Megami Tensei games that have accumulated on my backlog.  So what does that put up for grabs?

Persona (PSP)
Persona 2:  Innocent Sin*
Persona 3 Portable*
Devil Survivor 2
Strange Journey
Persona 4:  Golden*
Nocturne

The asteriks denote games that I've finished in a previous incarnation, which makes me hard pressed to consider whether I truly include them on my backlog or not (yes, I actually do have the Japanese version of Innocent Sin sitting around here somewhere).  

So we'll see how this list proceeds.

Hopefully it won't take over two years to whittle this one down. .

No comments: